Skip to content
Running for RM of Alexander Council in Ward 2
- What do you cherish most about this community?
I cherish the fact that I am away from the hustle & bustle of the city, but close enough that the amenities are a short drive away. The community has so much to offer (activities for all age groups, magnificent scenery, good friends) that enhances life.
- What are your highest priorities for change in our municipality? – in the short term and in the long term?
In my area of Ward 2 a situation regarding water distribution has been identified. This will be my highest priority following the Election.
Also, constituents have requested the examination of the Yellow Brick Road boat launch and the consideration of an area for a removable dock. This issue has also come forward in the Winnipeg River area, and this will be examined as well.
The issue of a boat launch on the East side of Lake Winnipeg has been identified and I will bring it forward in the hope that all constituents can enter into a discussion and work toward a successful conclusion.
- What are the biggest fiscal challenges in our municipality, and what do you envision as the best way(s) to address them?
First and foremost is the evaluation and necessary work to ensure that the identified water difficulty in Ward 2 will be corrected in order to meet all requirements for water distribution.
Fiscal responsibility is a cornerstone for council. I take this responsibility very seriously and will work diligently to ensure that we spend for the advantage of all and plan accordingly for our future generations.
- Would you advocate for any changes to the current boundaries of the municipality (for example through annexation, amalgamation, secession).
At this time I do not advocate any changes with regard to this issue nor has it been addressed during my discussions during my campaigning.
- Where is your permanent residence?
My permanent residence is in the Grand Pines Golf Course.
- Have you served on Municipal Council before? If so, if so, Reeve, Mayor or Councillor?
I was privileged to be a Councillor for the RM of Victoria Beach for 12 years. During that time I was responsible for the Police, First Responders, Fire, and Public Works.
- Please list any life/work/volunteer experience that is pertinent to the position you are seeking?
I am retired from the RCMP after 32 years of service and also retired from EMS where I served as a paramedic for 20 yrs. I have volunteered for various organizations over the years including: Cubs, Scouts, and other coaching areas during the years my children were growing up. I volunteer for the seniors in the East Beaches Senior Scene and the Victoria Beach Club. I teach for Safety Services Manitoba in the area of Novice and Responsible Drivers training. My wife Jeanne and I have 4 grandchildren ages 5 to 12.
Powerview-Pine Falls, Lac du Bonnet, Great Falls, St. Georges, Sagkeeng, Traverse Bay, Victoria Beach, Belair, Grand Marais, Patricia Beach and Brokenhead, Little Black River, Manigotagan, Hollow Water & Bissett