Skip to content
Running for RM of Alexander Council in Ward 2
- What do you cherish most about this community?
I like the neighbourly attitudes. You can always go next door and have a cup of coffee. People are always willing to give a helping hand. I have lived here all my life and I cherish the friends and community and friendships I have gained.
- What are your highest priorities for change in our municipality in the short term? Road maintenance would be a priority but coming on council they would already have their short term goals in place.
- What are the biggest fiscal challenges in our municipality, and what do you envision as the best way(s) to address them?
Infrastructure, development and communications. Without infrastructure and development we will not keep expanding as a community. Community communication is key to keeping us focused on what lies ahead. Looking to the future, I would be more than happy and willing to serve as your councillor.
- Would you advocate for any changes to the current boundaries of the municipality (for example through annexation, amalgamation, secession).
This would be something as a council we would have to look at.
- Where is your permanent residence?
- Have you served on a municipal council before? If so, if so, reeve, mayor or councillor?
No, I have not but my father Oscar Papineau served on council as a councillor. I went around with him to canvas for council.
- Please list any life/work/volunteer experience that is pertinent to the position you are seeking?
I have lived the farm life. I had cattle, grain and alfalfa seed with leaf-cutter bees. I volunteered for Children’s Wish, Great Falls Hall and Gymnastics. I have worked in numerous fields… The Royal Bank, the head coach and administrator for Gymnastics in Winnipeg and an accounting background. I have been on different boards – Maple Creek Water Co-op (Secretary-Treasurer) and a person who does the water samples and speaks to Water Services Board. Children’s Wish board and Museum Board.
Powerview-Pine Falls, Lac du Bonnet, Great Falls, St. Georges, Sagkeeng, Traverse Bay, Victoria Beach, Belair, Grand Marais, Patricia Beach and Brokenhead, Little Black River, Manigotagan, Hollow Water & Bissett